    SubjectRe: [crash, PATCH] Revert "drm/radeon/kms: move radeon KMS on/off switch out of staging."

    * Dave Airlie <airlied@linux.ie> wrote:

    > > It's the moving of radeom KMS out of staging after -rc6 that causes it,
    > > because it brought it into the scope of my testing:
    > >
    > > f71d018: drm/radeon/kms: move radeon KMS on/off switch out of staging.
    > >
    > > So at least on this box it's clearly not ready for mainline enablement
    > > yet. I've attached the revert patch further below.
    >
    > Its not enabled by default so reverting this doesn't make much sense.

    I boot allyesconfig kernels regularly, which testing method works fine with
    another 2000+ upstream drivers. (including the dozens of drivers which match
    to active hardware components on that box)

    > We can just treat this as a normal driver bugreport.

    Commit f71d0187 is post-rc6, so i'm not sure it fits your "this is business
    as usual, lets move on" characterisation.

    Thanks,

    Ingo

      Last update: 2010-02-02 16:47    [W:0.029 / U:1.408 seconds]