Subject[RFC 0/3] A little console mystery...
Date
Anyone feeling inspired. These three patches move the console to use the
tty_port interface and refcounting. The first two work perfectly, the third
which we really need works beautifully except that it breaks mingetty/login
stuff.

[So not for the main kernel if you like using text consoles]

I have been staring at this problem for ages and I'm clearly missing something
silly because I've still not pinned down why mingetty etc break with the
third patch applied.

---
Alan Cox (3):
vt: Fix refcounting use
tty: Move the vt_tty field from the vc_data into the standard tty_port
tty: Make vt's have a tty_port

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans