    SubjectRe: Linux mdadm superblock question.
    On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:03:43 -0900 (AKST)
    "Mr. James W. Laferriere" <babydr@baby-dragons.com> wrote:

    > Hello Bill ,
    >
    > On Tue, 16 Feb 2010, Bill Davidsen wrote:
    > > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
    > >>
    > >> which makes 1.x format useless for everybody who does not want to deal with
    > >> initrd/initramfs.
    > >
    > > You make this sound like some major big deal. are you running your own
    > > distribution? In most cases mkinitrd does the right thing when you "make
    > > install" the kernel, and if you are doing something in the build so complex
    > > that it needs options, you really should understand the options and be sure
    > > you're doing what you want.
    > >
    > > Generally this involves preloading a module or two, and if you need it every
    > > time you probably should have built it in, anyway.
    > >
    > > My opinion...
    > My Opinion as well . That is one of the many reasons why I have my '/'
    > autoassemble . And do to this I am permanently stuck at 0.90 version of the
    > raid table . No big shakes for that . But at sometime in the past there was a
    > discussion to have the 0.90 raid table be removed , NOW THAT SCARES THE H?LL
    > OUT OF ME . So far Neil has not done so .
    >
    > I am unaware of any record from Neil or other maintainer(s) of the
    > /md/ device tree saying that they will not remove the 0.90 table and the
    > autoassembly functions there . I'd very much like to hear a statement saying
    > there will not be a removal of the autoassembly functions for 0.90 raid table
    > from the kernel tree .

    I will not be removing 0.90 or auto-assemble from the kernel in the
    foreseeable future.
    None the less, I recommend weaning yourself from your dependence on it.
    initramfs is the future, embrace it.

    NeilBrown

      Last update: 2010-02-17 03:03    [W:0.021 / U:90.060 seconds]