    SubjectRe: Linux mdadm superblock question.
    On 02/14/2010 12:25 PM, Asdo wrote:
    > I don't understand...
    > In a system we have, the root filesystem on a raid-6 which is on second
    > (and last) partitions of many disks.
    > It always assembled correctly, it never tried to assemble the whole device.
    > (on the first partition there is a raid1 with boot)
    > So what's the problem exactly with not marking the beginning?

    In Fedora 12, for example, Dracut tries to make the distinction between
    whole RAID device and a partition device, and utterly fails -- often
    resulting in data loss.

    With a pointer to the beginning this would have been a trivial thing to

    IMO it would make sense to support autoassemble for 1.0 superblocks, and
    making them the default. The purpose would be to get everyone off 0.9.
    However, *any* default is better than 1.1.

      Last update: 2010-02-14 22:21    [W:0.020 / U:0.868 seconds]