    SubjectRe: tracking memory usage/leak in "inactive" field in /proc/meminfo?
    Minchan Kim <> wrote:
    > On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 3:54 AM, Chris Friesen <> wrote:
    >> I have a modified version of that which I picked up as part of the
    >> kmemleak backport.  However, it doesn't help unless I can narrow down
    >> *which* pages I should care about.
    > kmemleak doesn't support page allocator and ioremap.
    > Above URL patch just can tell who requests page which is using(ie, not
    > free) now.

    The ioremap can be easily tracked by kmemleak (it is on my to-do list
    but haven't managed to do it yet). That's not far from vmalloc.

    The page allocator is a bit more difficult since it's used by the slab
    allocator as well and it may lead to some recursive calls into
    kmemleak. I'll have a think.

    Anyway, you can leak memory without this being detected by kmemleak -
    just add the allocated objects to a list and never remove them.

      Last update: 2010-02-12 18:53    [W:0.021 / U:9.088 seconds]