    SubjectRe: [WTF] ... is going on with current->fs->{root,mnt} accesses in pohmelfs
    On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 01:12:46PM +0300, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
    > On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:04:28AM +0000, Al Viro (viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk) wrote:
    > > a) pohmelfs_construct_path_string() will do interesting things if you
    > > call it while chrooted into jail and pohmelfs mounted deeper in that
    > > jail. Try it.
    >
    > Should it walk upto mountpoint?

    It will happily give you path from absolute root to root of chroot jail +
    path from fs root to your dentry. Which is probably not what you want.

    > > b) just why do we care about root of chroot jail in pohmelfs_path_length()?
    > > Not to mention anything else, current->fs->root/mnt may be changed under
    > > you if you share current->fs with another thread, but even aside of that,
    > > why does filesystem care about chroot of caller at all?
    > >
    > > What's going on there?
    >
    > It tries to construct a full path upto mountpoint. Effectively it should
    > do similar to non-exported dentry_path() things. There is a race between
    > getting buffer size and filling with the actual path, but we take care
    > about that by restarting if needed.

    To mountpoint or to fs root? And what's going on with d_find_alias()?
    AFAICS, you are doing that for regular files as well as directories,
    and you do support link(2) in there, so dentry (and path) obtained from
    that will be random.

      Last update: 2010-02-10 11:27    [W:5.642 / U:1.808 seconds]