    SubjectRe: is there a fix for ubuntu with intel GPU booting to blank screen?
    On Fri, 31 Dec 2010, Maxim Levitsky wrote:

    ... snip related to i915 blank screen issues ...

    > Since you know how to compile kernel, and even have a close working
    > version, you really should just bisect the bug.
    >
    > Bisection is a built-in in the git binary search that allows you to
    > find the first commit that introduced the bug.
    >
    > For example, quick google gives,
    > http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git-core/docs/v1.0.13/howto/isolate-bugs-with-bisect.txt

    oh, i know how to do bisection but, to be frank, i just don't have
    the time. i'm under a brutal deadline for some billable work and,
    even if i had the time, i suspect that when i eventually tracked down
    the commit, i probably wouldn't really appreciate what i was looking
    at, anyway.

    i've done some searching on the issue and, among other pages, i've
    come up with this one:

    so i downloaded the kernel mentioned there and tested that, but no
    luck. mostly, i understand that there top men -- *top* *men* --
    working on this :-) who know far more about the graphics subsystem
    than i do so i'm just going to stay out of their way, but i'm willing
    to test any proposed solutions if they come up. my biggest worry is
    that, given that we're already at -rc8, will this issue be fixed
    before the next official release?

    rday

    http://crashcourse.ca

    Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

      Last update: 2010-12-31 18:05    [W:0.021 / U:7.068 seconds]