SubjectRe: i2c runtime suspend and system wide suspend
Date
On Thursday, December 30, 2010, Rabin Vincent wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Abhijeet Dharmapurikar
> <adharmap@codeaurora.org> wrote:
> > The i2c-core driver mixes runtime suspend and system wide suspend, in that,
> > during a system wide suspend, it skips calling ->suspend if the device is
> > runtime suspended.
> >
> > I have an interrupt controller running over the i2c bus and that driver is
> > oblivious of the runtime pm framework, IOW, it doesn't do any runtime pm
> > calls. CONFIG_RUNTIME_PM is enabled however (for some other bus drivers).
> > The issue I am facing is that all such i2c devices are assumed runtime
> > suspended and the ->suspend for these devices is not invoked during
> > systemwide suspend.
>
> This was discussed on linux-pm recently. Rafael had a fix, I'm don't know
> whether it's applied yet:
>
> https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/linux-pm/2010-December/029567.html
> https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/linux-pm/2010-December/029596.html

Yes, the fix is already in the Linus' tree:

f08f5a0 PM / Runtime: Fix pm_runtime_suspended()

> Also relevant:
>
> https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/linux-pm/2010-December/029600.html
> https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/linux-pm/2010-December/029658.html

I'm not sure what happened to the last patch. Is there a new version?
If so, is it going to be pushed through the i2c tree, or should I take it?

Rafael

  Last update: 2010-12-30 11:53    [W:0.154 / U:0.464 seconds]