    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] TCM/LIO v4.0.0-rc6 for 2.6.37-rc6
    chetan loke, on 12/18/2010 10:13 PM wrote:
    > On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Vladislav Bolkhovitin <vst@vlnb.net> wrote:
    >>
    >> In this regard it looks to be a good idea to freeze accepting both LIO
    >> and SCST until the end of the next year and then choose one with the
    >> biggest activity in the related mailing lists, not counting me and
    >> NicholasB.
    >
    > Why wait till the end of the next year? What I proposed earlier was
    > 'to review at the architecture level'. If folks don't agree to it then
    > this email drama will never
    > stop. Once the review starts we can decide on a common baseline to
    > benchmark both the stacks. I'm more than willing to test/benchmark
    > ESX(front-end)/SCST/LIO(back-end) combo. I'm sure there will be others
    > who would be willing to spend some of their time for this cause to
    > validate claims made by both the communities. We can then publish all
    > the results so that others can reproduce them.

    This will be exactly what we need: an open and fair comparison. But the
    problem is that James doesn't want any comparisons. He doesn't consider
    them important. Only personality of the code submitter is important for
    James.

    Vlad

      Last update: 2010-12-22 16:31    [W:0.057 / U:179.376 seconds]