    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] TCM/LIO v4.0.0-rc6 for 2.6.37-rc6
    chetan loke, on 12/18/2010 10:13 PM wrote:
    > On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Vladislav Bolkhovitin <> wrote:
    >> In this regard it looks to be a good idea to freeze accepting both LIO
    >> and SCST until the end of the next year and then choose one with the
    >> biggest activity in the related mailing lists, not counting me and
    >> NicholasB.
    > Why wait till the end of the next year? What I proposed earlier was
    > 'to review at the architecture level'. If folks don't agree to it then
    > this email drama will never
    > stop. Once the review starts we can decide on a common baseline to
    > benchmark both the stacks. I'm more than willing to test/benchmark
    > ESX(front-end)/SCST/LIO(back-end) combo. I'm sure there will be others
    > who would be willing to spend some of their time for this cause to
    > validate claims made by both the communities. We can then publish all
    > the results so that others can reproduce them.

    This will be exactly what we need: an open and fair comparison. But the
    problem is that James doesn't want any comparisons. He doesn't consider
    them important. Only personality of the code submitter is important for

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-12-22 16:31    [W:0.024 / U:8.216 seconds]