SubjectIs EXT4 the right FS for > 16TB?
Hi,

I've read a lot of posts regarding people who setup RAID volumes of and up
to around 16TB and EXT4 is typically used.

However, in various forums, people still ask what is the correct
filesystem for > 16TB? I did read one post somewhere that stated the ext4
developers did not recommend using ext4 for very large volumes, is this
still true?

I am looking at creating a 43TB volume possibly in the near future and I
have used XFS in the past, which works well and would probably not have
any problem with it; however, I have bitten quite a number of times by XFS
bugs in the past several years, so I was curious, how does EXT4 perform on
larger volumes, e.g., 20TB?

Are there any caveats / problems?

Justin.

  Last update: 2010-12-19 13:01    [W:2.650 / U:0.164 seconds]