    SubjectRe: Forked android kernel development from linux kernel mainline
    Hi Greg,

    On Nov 9, 2010, at 10:24 PM, Greg KH wrote:

    > If you have the rights to make the changes to the andoid userspace code,
    > great. Otherwise you are not going to get very far.

    Isn't the whole Android stack licensed under Apache 2.0? Doesn't everyone
    have full access to the android userspace code?

    In your slides, you made several references to only google developers being
    able to modify the low-level libraries, which I admit I still don't understand.

    If we have full access to the source under an Apache 2.0 license, what would
    prevent us from making the required modifications and re-releasing the
    modified sources under the same Apache 2.0 license?

    Best regards,

    Elvis Dowson

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-11-09 19:41    [W:0.019 / U:43.876 seconds]