    SubjectRe: Forked android kernel development from linux kernel mainline

    On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Greg KH <> wrote:
    > On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 04:44:48PM -0500, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Greg KH <> wrote:
    >> > [...]
    >> >
    >> Just a small comment to say that Android is not the only one (but
    >> certainly the most visible, and thus easiest to bash on) not making
    >> effort to get their stuff in mainline. OpenWRT people are also
    >> maintaining their fork of the kernel, without even using git, and not
    >> contributing much to mainline (I'm certainly mistaken on that last
    >> comment).
    > Isn't the openwrt stuff just drivers and some arch specific code?
    > Nothing that is core infrastructure, and nothing preventing them from
    > submitting the drivers and arch code if they want to, right?
    From what I can see, yes.

    > If so, why don't you submit it?
    because I have no knowledge on the code, nor have any documentation on
    the underlying hardware. That said, it's in my TODO, but stuff keeps
    getting in before this entry.

    >Why don't they?
    I just checked with some dev on IRC, there might be a time issue. The
    patches have been synced with 2.6.36 recently (a month ago). So
    there're still hope :)

    - Arnaud

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-11-08 00:11    [W:0.020 / U:5.952 seconds]