    Subject[patch 0/4] memcg: variable type fixes
    Date
    Hi Greg,

    it is not the res counter primitives, these are our own counters. We
    have to keep signed types for most counters, as the per-cpu counter
    folding can race and we end up with negative values.

    The fix for the original issue is in patch 1. There are no casts
    needed, the range is checked to be sane and then converted to the
    unsigned type through assignment.

    Patch 2, also a type fix, ensures we catch accounting races properly.
    It is unrelated, but also important.

    Patch 3 implements the idea that we only have to used signed types for
    _some_ of the counters, but not for constant event counters where the
    sign-bit would be a waste.

    Patch 4 converts our fundamental page statistics counters to native
    words as these should be wide enough for the expected values.

    Hannes

      Last update: 2010-11-07 23:17    [W:0.025 / U:62.236 seconds]