    SubjectRe: [GIT] HID
    On Oct 24, 2010, at 2:19 AM, Jiri Kosina wrote:

    > On Sat, 23 Oct 2010, Jarod Wilson wrote:
    >
    >>> please pull from 'for-linus' branch at
    >>>
    >>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git for-linus
    >>>
    >>> to receive the HID subsystem patches below. Mostly adding support for a
    >>> few new multitouch toys, and improving already existing drivers. Plus some
    >>> bugfixes which were not urgent enough for .36.
    >>
    >> *cough*
    >>
    >> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/161481/
    >>
    >> What's a guy gotta do to get that patch merged too? :)
    >
    > Bah, it's still pending in my TODO folder, sorry for that. I am not really
    > convinced whether it's the right aproach.
    >
    > First, I'll go check HUT how much non-standard the usages you are adding
    > to generic code, are.

    Just the four under HID_UP_TIVOVENDOR, I believe. Everything else should be bog-standard.

    > Perhaps it would satisfy separate driver on the hid
    > bus?
    > (Second, I hope to shovel all the 'drivers' which only do specialized
    > mappings into userspace/udev actually).

    Yeah, I've heard that mentioned as Coming Soon(tm) for a while now though... ;)

    Looks like the patch does require trivial massaging to apply now, I could do that and chop out the four vendor-specific usages and resubmit just the parts I believe are entirely in line with the HUT, then try to figure out what all is required on the udev side.

    --
    Jarod Wilson
    jarod@wilsonet.com

      Last update: 2010-11-07 04:29    [W:0.022 / U:2.072 seconds]