    SubjectRe: [2/8, v5] NUMA Hotplug Emulator: Add node hotplug emulation
    On Mon, 29 Nov 2010, shaohui.zheng@intel.com wrote:

    > From: David Rientjes <rientjes@google.com>
    >
    > Add an interface to allow new nodes to be added when performing memory
    > hot-add. This provides a convenient interface to test memory hotplug
    > notifier callbacks and surrounding hotplug code when new nodes are
    > onlined without actually having a machine with such hotpluggable SRAT
    > entries.
    >
    > This adds a new debugfs interface at /sys/kernel/debug/hotplug/add_node
    > that behaves in a similar way to the memory hot-add "probe" interface.
    > Its format is size@start, where "size" is the size of the new node to be
    > added and "start" is the physical address of the new memory.

    Looks like you've changed some of the references in my changlog to
    node/add_node, but not others, such as the above. I'd actually much
    rather prefer to take Greg's latest suggestion of doing
    s/hotplug/mem_hotplug instead.

    Would it be possible to repost the patch with that change?

    Thanks!

      Last update: 2010-11-30 01:03    [W:0.023 / U:88.928 seconds]