SubjectRe: Unplug ethernet cable, the route persists. Why?
From
From: Mike Caoco <caoco2002@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:29:43 -0800 (PST)

> Even when no NetworkManager/Quagga is present, I think it is a
> legitimate reason to recompute the route when a cable is unplugged,
> which should not be a frequent event unless when under error
> conditions.

Cards periodically reset themselves, faulty switchs flap occaisionally,
this is life and it shouldn't cause route table recomputations across
your entire region.

Also Stephen listed places where such policy should be employed in
userspace, he absolutely did not say they should act that way by
default.

  Last update: 2010-11-24 21:47    [W:0.051 / U:0.288 seconds]