SubjectRe: Sudden and massive page cache eviction
>> I forgot to address the second part of this question: How would I best
>> inspect whether the kernel is doing that?
> You can, for example, record
>  cat /proc/meminfo | grep Huge
> for large page allocations.

Those show zero a per my other post. However I got the impression Dave
was asking about regular but larger-than-one-page allocations internal
to the kernel, while the Huge* lines in /proc/meminfo refers to
allocations specifically done by userland applications doing huge page
allocation on a system with huge pages enabled - or am I confused?

> The "pagesperslab" column of /proc/slabinfo tells you how many pages
> slab allocates from the page allocator.

Seems to be what vmstat -m reports.

/ Peter Schuller aka scode

  Last update: 2010-11-24 16:35    [W:0.072 / U:0.068 seconds]