SubjectRe: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups
On Sat, 20.11.10 09:55, Balbir Singh (balbir@linux.vnet.ibm.com) wrote:

> > However, I am not sure I like the idea of having pollable files like that,
> > because in the systemd case I am very much interested in getting
> > recursive notifications, i.e. I want to register once for getting
> > notifications for a full subtree instead of having to register for each
> > cgroup individually.
> >
> > My personal favourite solution would be to get a netlink msg when a
> > cgroup runs empty. That way multiple programs could listen to the events
> > at the same time, and we'd have an easy way to subscribe to a whole
> > hierarchy of groups.
>
> The netlink message should not be hard to do if we agree to work on
> it. The largest objections I've heard is that netlink implies
> network programming and most users want to be able to script in
> their automation and network scripting is hard.

Well, the notify_on_release stuff cannot be dropped anyway at this point
in time, so netlink support would be an addition to, not a replacement for
the current stuff that might be useful for scripting folks.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.

  Last update: 2010-11-20 16:43    [W:0.238 / U:4.680 seconds]