SubjectRe: [Tech-board-discuss] Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections and Nomination process
* Chris Wright (chrisw@sous-sol.org) wrote:
> * James Bottomley (James.Bottomley@HansenPartnership.com) wrote:
> > We currently have two nominees (the incumbents):
> >
> > James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@hansenpartnership.com>
> > Chris Mason <chris.mason@oracle.com>
>
> Add another incumbent:
>
> Chris Wright <chrisw@sous-sol.org>

Since I can't make the reception...

My name is Chris Wright and I am standing for re-election as a member
of the Linux Foundation's Technical Advisory Board. I've been involved
with Linux kernel developement for over 10 years now, spanning areas of
security, Linux -stable tree, and virtualization. I currently represent
virtualization interests on the TAB.

I have advocated for and been involved with the TAB since its inception
roughly 5 years ago. I got involved out of an interest in ensuring
that the (at the time) OSDL's resources were put to more constructive
use for the Linux kernel community.

As a technical voice of reason, the TAB provides input to the Linux
Foundation to help guide its efforts. Over time, I believe the TAB has
helped the LF build more constructive communication between the different
communities it represents (developers, vendors, end users). As a member
of the TAB, I am often called upon to represent the community in LF events
(LinuxCon, Collaboration Summit, End User Summit). You'll typically find
me there leading discussions on virtualization and looking for ways to
improve the Linux in that context.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to represent on the TAB since
it began. I'd be honored to continue.

thanks,
-chris

  Last update: 2010-11-02 22:39    [W:0.078 / U:0.228 seconds]