    SubjectRe: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups
    On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Ben Gamari <> wrote:
    > On that note, is there a good reason why the notify_on_release interface
    > works the way it does? Wouldn't it be simpler if the cgroup simply
    > provided a file on which a process (e.g. systemd) could block?

    Actually, the sane interface would likely just be to have a "drop on
    release" interface.

    Maybe some people really want to be _notified_. But my guess would
    that that just dropping the cgroup when it becomes empty would be at
    least a reasonable subset of users.

    Who uses that thing now? The desktop launcher/systemd approach
    definitely doesn't seem want the overhead of being notified and having
    to remove it manually. Does anybody else really want it?

    But that's really an independent question from all the other things.
    But with new cgroup users, it's very possible that it turns out that
    some of the original interfaces are just inconvenient and silly.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-11-19 20:57    [W:0.020 / U:0.136 seconds]