    SubjectRe: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups
    On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:51:14 -0800, Linus Torvalds <> wrote:
    > And the user level approach? I think it's fine too. If you run systemd
    > for other reasons (or if the gnome people add it to the task launcher
    > or whatever), doing it there isn't wrong. I personally think it's
    > somewhat disgusting to have a user-level callback with processes etc
    > just to clean up a group, but whatever. As long as it's not common,
    > who cares?
    On that note, is there a good reason why the notify_on_release interface
    works the way it does? Wouldn't it be simpler if the cgroup simply
    provided a file on which a process (e.g. systemd) could block?

    I guess it's a little too late at this point considering the old
    mechanism will still need to be supported, but it seems like this would
    provide a slightly cheaper cleanup path. Just my (perhaps flawed) two

    > So guys, calm down. We don't need to hate each other.
    Thanks for the nudge back to sanity.

    - Ben

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-11-19 20:15    [W:0.024 / U:9.348 seconds]