    Subjectrfc: rewrite commit subject line for subsystem maintainer preference tool
    On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 10:49 +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
    > On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:52:53AM -0800, Joe Perches wrote:
    > > On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 19:34 +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
    > > > It appears your scripts are already hooked into which
    > > > would seem the obvious place to do this? Sadly I don't do perl, though
    > > > it looks like you're doing pretty much all the work on that anyway.
    > > Sadly, no it's not the right place.
    > To query MAINTAINERS? I'd assume that's where you'd want to put that
    > stuff?

    I trimmed cc's and added Andrew Morton and Florian Mickler.
    First thread link for them:

    I use get_maintainer to find email addresses with
    "git send-email --cc-cmd=" but sure it could be extended
    to find some other new information in the MAINTAINERS file.

    Anyway, I think that get_maintainers isn't the proper tool
    to rewrite commit subject lines, though it could certainly
    do the lookup of a key in the MAINTAINERS file.

    Maybe add a new MAINTAINERS section line something like:
    "C: CommitSubjectGrammarStyle"
    where CommitSubjectGrammarStyle is something more
    information rich than "style 1", "style 2".

    Perhaps you'll propose a grammar to convert path to header
    and go through and add these "C:" style entries to the
    sections you maintain.

    Also, what would you expect the output to be when a single
    patch modified files from 2 subsystems that use different

    cheers, Joe

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-11-16 15:53    [W:0.020 / U:111.912 seconds]