SubjectRe: Reminder: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections and Nomination process
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:51:17PM -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
> The elections for five of the ten members of the Linux Foundation
> Technical Advisory Board[TAB] are held every year, currently the
> election will be at the 2010 Kernel Summit in a BoF session on Tuesday
> at Jillians (The Joint KS/Plumbers Reception on 2 November). The idea
> is to be open to both KS and Plumbers attendees who wish to vote.
>
> Anyone is eligible to stand for election, simply send your nomination
> to:
>
> Tech-board-discuss@lists.linux-foundation.org
>
> We currently have five nominees:
>
> James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@hansenpartnership.com>
> Chris Mason <chris.mason@oracle.com>
> Chris Wright <chrisw@sous-sol.org>
> Grant Likely <grant.likely@secretlab.ca>
> John W. Linville <linville@tuxdriver.com>

Please add my name to the hat (Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
<konrad@darnok.org>).

Here is a list of things I've been involved in over the past 8 years:

- Linux system management tools. Worked on an unified system management
toolkit using the DMTF standards. The idea was to have one Enterprise
Tool (HP OpenView, IBM Director,etc) be able to manage Linux, AIX, Windows machines.
(openhpi.org, openpegasus.org)
- Expand and solve engineering gaps of IBM hardware running Intel and AMD cpus
with Red Hat. I worked as an OS engineer trying to get RHEL to work on IBM's boxes properly.
(RHEL3, RHEL4, RHEL5 kernels, some RPM packages, look for Konrad Rzeszutek in Changelog).
- Worked on iSCSI stack and Xen to expand a startup company's support for various
storage options and virtualization. Submitted kernel bug-fixes, and wrote userland
support code (www.virtualirondom0.com)
- About a year ago broadened my knowledge of everything in Linux kernel and now
co-maintain the Linux Xen tree with Jeremy Fitzhardinge.
(xen-devel mailing list, git log --oneline --grep="Konrad Rz" v2.6.22..)

I've worked with/in huge companies (IBM), large (Oracle), medium (Red Hat) and
small (Virtual Iron), so I am quite aware of the cultural differences
and understand what makes some companies tick, so I have a lot of experience
fostering bi-directional interactions.

My qualifications are very quite broad - I've done stuff in userland, the kernel,
the hypervisor, etc - and also posses soft skills which I think would
be useful: negotiating, building relationships, mentoring, etc.

  Last update: 2010-10-31 14:17    [W:0.031 / U:0.612 seconds]