SubjectRe: How do I add yaffs file system to mainline?
On 10/27/2010 05:08 PM, Charles Manning wrote:
> YAFFS has been used for many years as a third-party patch-in.
>
> I have recently been through the exercise of changing all the symbols to be
> more kernel friendly with the intention of mainlining into the linux tree.
>
> The code is in git at http://github.com/cdhmanning/linux-yaffs-integration/
>
> Thanks to CELF and Google for sponsoring the effort so far.
>
> What still needs to be done to mainline this?
> Who do I need to approach?

I'd say you need to post a series of incremental patches which
introduces this filesystem, why the kernel should have it, why people
would want it, etc.

For lots more details, you should take a look at the files in
Documentation/development-process in the kernel source tree.

--
Regards,

- Corey

Corey Ashford
Software Engineer
IBM Linux Technology Center, Linux Toolchain
Beaverton, OR
cjashfor@us.ibm.com

  Last update: 2010-10-28 20:01    [W:0.109 / U:0.620 seconds]