    SubjectRe: How do I add yaffs file system to mainline?
    On Friday 29 October 2010 06:26:41 Randy Dunlap wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 04:55:02 +1300 Charles Manning wrote:
    > > YAFFS has been used for many years as a third-party patch-in.
    > >
    > > I have recently been through the exercise of changing all the symbols to
    > > be more kernel friendly with the intention of mainlining into the linux
    > > tree.
    > >
    > > The code is in git at
    > >
    > It's difficult to review & comment on a git tree.
    > We prefer patches via email for review.
    > > Thanks to CELF and Google for sponsoring the effort so far.
    > >
    > > What still needs to be done to mainline this?
    > > Who do I need to approach?
    > Either ask Stephen Rothwell to add the git tree to the linux-next daily
    > tree or ask Greg KH to add it to the drivers/staging/ area.

    Hi Randy

    Thanks for the response.

    At this stage I'm hoping for some high level feedback about code layout etc.
    and don't expect an immediate approval. I expect to do some further code
    cleansing before getting a green light.

    We're talking around 15k lines of code. Is a huge patch set the right way?
    I thought it would be more polite to invite people to look at git, rather
    than filling everyone's inboxes.

    If you do think I should send a patch set then should I send it to lkml or

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-10-28 19:43    [W:0.021 / U:2.288 seconds]