SubjectRe: How do I add yaffs file system to mainline?
Date
On Friday 29 October 2010 06:26:41 Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 04:55:02 +1300 Charles Manning wrote:
> > YAFFS has been used for many years as a third-party patch-in.
> >
> > I have recently been through the exercise of changing all the symbols to
> > be more kernel friendly with the intention of mainlining into the linux
> > tree.
> >
> > The code is in git at
> > http://github.com/cdhmanning/linux-yaffs-integration/
>
> It's difficult to review & comment on a git tree.
> We prefer patches via email for review.
>
> > Thanks to CELF and Google for sponsoring the effort so far.
> >
> > What still needs to be done to mainline this?
> > Who do I need to approach?
>
> Either ask Stephen Rothwell to add the git tree to the linux-next daily
> tree or ask Greg KH to add it to the drivers/staging/ area.

Hi Randy

Thanks for the response.

At this stage I'm hoping for some high level feedback about code layout etc.
and don't expect an immediate approval. I expect to do some further code
cleansing before getting a green light.

We're talking around 15k lines of code. Is a huge patch set the right way?
I thought it would be more polite to invite people to look at git, rather
than filling everyone's inboxes.

If you do think I should send a patch set then should I send it to lkml or
fsdevel?

Thanks

Charles

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans