    SubjectRe: Remaining BKL users, what to do
    On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 04:32:59PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
    > fs/freevxfs:
    > Uses the BKL in readdir and lookup, should be easy to fix. Christoph?

    Can simply be dropped. Ditto for ->put_super and the not yet done
    ->get_sb pushdown. It's a trivial read-only filesystem with no state
    of it's own.

    > fs/hpfs:
    > Looks fixable, if anyone cares. Maybe it's time for retirement in
    > drivers/staging though. The web page only has a Link to the
    > linux-2.2 version.

    Di you ping Mikulas? He's not done too lately but at least ACKed a few
    patches.

    > fs/ncpfs:
    > Should be fixable if Petr still cares about it. Otherwise suggest
    > moving to drivers/staging if there are no users left.

    Didn't he fix it recently?

    > fs/qnx4:
    > Should be easy to fix, there are only a few places in the code that
    > use the BKL. Anders?

    Another trivial read-only fs. Can be trivially dropped.

    > fs/ufs:
    > Evgeniy Dushistov is maintaining this, I hope he can take care of
    > getting rid of the BKL in UFS.

    Did you ping him. Shouldn't be too hard despite your probably unfixable
    comment that somehow made it to linux-next.

      Last update: 2010-10-21 14:51    [W:0.022 / U:0.044 seconds]