SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the msm tree with the arm tree

> That's why on occasions we do transgress the established process to
> accommodate such changes. Imagine just for a moment the patch that
> modified the interrupt callback prototype to remove the useless pt_regs
> argument. Obviously, it had to be done atomically to the _whole_ tree,
> and it was agreed that this patch was to be applied at the end of the
> merge window. But no one expected a single minute sending a CC to _all_
> the driver authors.

I don't actually know which patch your talking about, but it sounds
pretty simple.. I'm not really addressing really simple fixes, even tho
changing a single parameter on a function could be done broken up
depending on what it is.

Daniel

  Last update: 2010-10-19 20:45    [W:0.073 / U:1.548 seconds]