    SubjectRe: [patch]x86: spread tlb flush vector between nodes

    * Shaohua Li <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 16:44 +0800, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > > * H. Peter Anvin <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Technically, it is way too late for anything new in this merge window, but we can
    > > > try to make a reasonable assessment of the risk since the merge window got
    > > > delayed. However, this close to the merge window you cannot just expect to be
    > > > merged even if the patch itself is OK.
    > >
    > > a prompt re-send of the patch today-ish, with proper changelog, etc. and with
    > > the new tuning in place is definitely a must.
    > the previous patch has changelog. what did you mean a new tuning?

    The new tuning would be the 8->32 patch - but that would be a more complex and
    separate (and definitely controversial) patch anyway.

    So if hpa gives his ack we can try this current spread-tlb-vectors-better patch in
    -tip and see how it fares. Could you please update the changelog to specify the 20%
    improvement more precisely? What kind of workload was used and how was the
    improvement measured?

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-10-19 12:41    [W:0.020 / U:158.992 seconds]