    SubjectRe: aranym bug, manifests as "ida_remove called for id=13" on recent kernels
    Date
    Al Viro dixit:

    >On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 09:36:32PM -0700, Brad Boyer wrote:

    >> > Spot the obvious bug... BTW, why on the Earth does debian-ports m68k tree
    >> > use gcc-4.3 with Cthulhu-scaring 700Kb gzipped patch and does *not* have
    >> > gcc-4.4?
    >>
    >> I believe that gcc-4.4 for m68k is being held up by the TLS support patches.

    Yes, indeed. I’m working on gcc-4.4 but am stalled because, after
    finally getting a kernel to build, it has no support for nfeth.
    Finn Thain has kindly provided me with an eglibc+TLS sysroot tarball,
    which I can use to bootstrapp gcc-4.4+TLS then Debian’s eglibc+TLS,
    once I can boot into an aranym with a TLS capable kernel.

    >What do autobuilders use, BTW?

    They don’t function at the moment because 70% of the archive is
    either outdated or uninstallable on m68k. I’m mainly playing (as
    in game) buildd here because of that fact, since I didn’t want
    mksh to not show up on all architectures ;-) My goal is to get
    cowbuilder working then re-bootstrap enough of Debian/m68k to
    get the autobuilders working again.

    Mikael Pettersson dixit:

    >It's gcc PR41302 which was fixed for gcc trunk on November 4 2009
    >in r153890. The patch backports easily to gcc-4.4 and solves the
    >test case there (manual inspection using a cross). It also backports

    [x] send unidiff

    I’ll include that in my gcc build and then forward it to Debian
    once I got a working gcc, unless you want to push that to them
    already.

    bye,
    //mirabilos
    existence. -- Coywolf Qi Hunt