    SubjectRe: init_task belongs to "process 0" or "process 1"?
    From
    init_task is the head of doubly linked list which holds all
    task_structs in the system. init_task is again the task_struct for
    process 0/swapper/idle task. This process is created manually (I meant
    to say not by copy_process() calls). Manually means they are static
    structures defined in the code (see INIT_TASK, init_mm, init_fs etc).
    There will be multiple idle task if there is more than 1 cpu core.
    Idle task is the one which is scheduled if there is no other task
    ready for scheduling.

    Init task is process 1 which is initially a kernel thread created from
    process 0 using copy_process(), then it does an execv() (/sbin/init )
    or similar one to create the normal process init.

    Name given to process 0 is swapper.
    .comm = "swapper"