    SubjectRe: drm_vm.c:drm_mmap: possible circular locking dependency detected
    Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org> writes:

    > It's interesting that the above cases arn't common drivers. AFAICS,
    > the problem cases would usually be cases like above where the user is
    > a rather complex software entity or drivers which implement some form
    > of self detaching via sysfs. For the former group, I agree that
    > splitting deleting and draining (or simply skipping the draining part
    > or active reference counting both of which basically achieve the same
    > thing) would be an easy way out as it would be generally easy to leave
    > the data structures dangling till the references go away.
    >
    > How about simply introducing an interface to mark sysfs nodes which
    > don't require active reference counting and using them on those nodes?

    That might work. However it does not seem to address the case of
    bond_sysfs, especially with someone doing rmmod bonding.

    I think the brainstorm is on the right track. I think we just need to look
    at a few more cases in depth so that we can see a pattern and generalize
    what can be done.

    Eric

      Last update: 2010-01-03 06:41    [W:0.044 / U:0.864 seconds]