    Subjectwhy is nf_conntrack_htable_size exported?
    Folks,

    Can someone tell me why nf_conntrack_htable_size is both an exported
    symbol, and available in sysfs to be changed? Doing so will surely cause
    the system to fall over immediately since this is value is used within
    the hashing code in conntrack. It is /supposed/ to only be changed under
    a lock, or at init time when there is not a need to lock it.

    Perhaps we can get this unexported asap and the value replaced with a
    function that returns the current value instead? Same goes for the
    module parameter that can freely be messed around with.

    Thanks,

    Jon.

      Last update: 2010-01-30 05:35    [W:0.024 / U:61.508 seconds]