SubjectRe: Linux wireless GSoC 2010 project ideas
No problem for students to suggest topics. We are not restricted to
wireless in terms of kernel. We support kernel projects in general.

Please give your suggestion as answer to this e-mail, doing "Reply to
all", as I am not a kernel export, the other participants of this thread
should have a look at the student's project ideas and help finding mentors.

Till

Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm sorry if I'm a bit off-topic. But as I see this announce,
>> I'm wondering about the topics for the google summer of code
>> in the wider scope of the entire kernel.
>>
>> I'm a student and there are fair chances I'll be free for this
>> summer so I start to think about applying.
>>
>> Are there currently some plans concerning other kernel areas?
>
> These would be under the Linux Foundation umbrella, the wireless stuff
> I just posted is just for wireless. I do not believe we have a common
> forum yet for general linux stuff. Till?
>
>> That doesn't mean I wouldn't be interested in a wireless project :)
>> but there are many other areas that could host a Gsoc project too
>> and I don't want to miss the whole variety of proposals.
>
> The LF projects will be posted on the LF site.
>
>> I guess we also can, as applying students, propose subjects too.
>> Provided we find a mentor for the given project, which makes the
>> things harder in this direction I fear.
>
> I don't see why not.
>
>> Anyway, what would be the right place to submit such proposals? I
>> have various ideas in mind, in topics such as tracing/profiling,
>> realtime, among other things... (could be: "Do as much bkl bashing
>> as you can in two months, have fun, be brave...").
>
> I'll let Till answer :D
>
> Luis

  Last update: 2010-01-29 00:55    [W:0.090 / U:0.032 seconds]