    SubjectRe: usbhid driver: replacing resume or using a post resume function
    Jiri Kosina wrote:
    > On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Rick L. Vinyard, Jr. wrote:
    >> I was looking for an example of a hid driver that needs to customize
    >> resume or provides a post resume function, but couldn't find one.
    >> I would like to implement some post resume code. In particular, the g13
    >> on
    >> resume loses the backlight color, LCD image and LED state. On resume, it
    >> needs feature reports sent to re-establish these settings.
    >> However, I couldn't find a way to either provide a post resume function
    >> or
    >> replace resume with a call to hid_resume() followed by the feature
    >> reports.
    >> Any suggestions?
    > Current HID / USBHID code doesn't allow for that. But implementing that
    > should be pretty straightforward, you can define callbacks in the
    > hid_device struct and then redirect to them instead of the default ones,
    > when they are initialized.

    Sounds good. I was actually thinking of doing a post_reset() and

    I think the most common case would be for something like the G13 to
    re-establish settings, which from the few devices I'm familiar with would
    need to restart the hid subsystem first and then re-establish through
    feature reports, et. al. after the hid_resume().

    Also, that means that usbhid's hid_resume() doesn't need to be exposed in
    the API, or even need to be usb specific.

    > If you submit this patch together (but separately) with your Logitech G13
    > driver, there shouldn't be any obstacle merging it.

    Sounds good.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-01-27 15:59    [W:0.045 / U:0.300 seconds]