SubjectRe: OOM-Killer kills too much with 2.6.32.2

Michael Reinelt schrieb:

> Chris Wilson schrieb:
>> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:03:06 +0900, KOSAKI Motohiro <kosaki.motohiro@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>>> Please consider to revert such commit at once. Lots people reported
>>> the same issue.
>>> I really hope to stop bug report storm.
>> Your CC did not reference the problem that you were discussing, nor that
>> it is even easier to trigger an OOM without the shrinker. Memory
>> exhaustion due to the excess usage of surfaces from userspace is not a new
>> issuer. So what is the problem you have encountered and how does running
>> the OOM killer earlier fix the issue of triggering the OOM killer?
>>

> To end this discussion: I just had a OOM with the GEM / shmem partial revert patch from Motohiro :-(
>
> Unfortunately without Motohiro's oom-debug patch applied :-(
>
> as a non-git-user I have to manually patch memory.c, but I hope I can get things right. I will provide results ASAP.

Sorry sorry sorry... false alarm. One should also *install* a new kernel after compiling...

I'll give it another try, this time with OOM debugging applied.

sorry for the noise...

--
Michael Reinelt <michael@reinelt.co.at>
http://home.pages.at/reinelt

  Last update: 2010-01-26 15:09    [W:0.101 / U:0.076 seconds]