    SubjectRe: Strange EHCI/OHCI IRQ and other PCI errors on boot with 2.6.32 (which 2.6.26 did not see) on Geode LX/CS5536.
    On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

    > On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:37:07AM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
    > > It's true that the USB controllers appear to be the only devices using
    > > IRQ 5. But your startup log shows that only two of the three
    > > controllers have an associated driver. Maybe the third controller is
    > > generating the unwanted interrupts?
    >
    > Could be. But I never saw the problem with 2.6.26. That's puzzling me.
    >
    > Now I think the 3rd controller may be a client mode interface on the
    > Geode LX, which I certainly don't use if it has such a thing.
    >
    > I know what EHCI and OHCI mean. I don't know what UDC is. I see mention
    > of UDC under USB gadget support. I will try enabling that driver and
    > see what it does.

    "UDC" stands for "USB Device Controller". It is for use in device
    mode, as opposed to host mode (i.e., you could plug that controller
    into a regular PC and then use the Geode as a USB peripheral).

    It's possible that some change in the PCI setup is allowing that
    controller to generate interrupts whereas before it didn't. Or this
    could be a total red herring.

    Alan Stern

      Last update: 2010-01-20 21:15    [W:0.021 / U:30.284 seconds]