    SubjectRe: [suspend/resume] Re: userspace notification from module
    Am Samstag, 2. Januar 2010 15:27:12 schrieb Bartłomiej Zimoń:
    > > Register your pids to the kernel module, e.g. via ioctl, and if the
    > > (intra-kernel) notification will be delivered to your module you just
    > > send a signal to your registered processes via kill_proc_info(). Guess
    > > this is at least better than polling a file or sth similar.
    > >
    > > I guess netlink could be the "cleaner" solution, but with more overhead?!
    > >
    > This looks like more simple and could be good, after all i think about sending this
    > module here to add to kernel. So if this solution could be ok i will start to code this part.

    This has all sorts of implications starting with fork() and going to passing
    fds over sockets and so on. It is a very bad idea. Use a standard device
    and all infrastructure for getting SIGIO is in place.

      Last update: 2010-01-02 16:15    [W:0.019 / U:7.512 seconds]