    SubjectRe: [ipw3945-devel] hang on 2.6.33-rc4
    Hi Norbert,

    On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 21:47 -0800, Norbert Preining wrote:
    > On Fr, 15 Jan 2010, reinette chatre wrote:
    > > > I am having repeatable complete hard lockups on my laptop with 2.6.33-rc4.
    > > > works fine.
    > > >
    > > > I believe that it is related to the network, because sometimes I can
    > > > actually log in (gnomes session) and as soon as I do some network
    > > > related suddenly hard hang, not even Sysrq working anymore.
    > > >
    > > > Interestingly it only happens at a specific AP where the ESSID is
    > > > hidden (at work). At home I can work without any problems (ESSID not
    > > > hidden).
    > > >
    > > > Unfortunately I cannot set up a serial console or similar.
    > >
    > > Does that mean no netconsole either? Does anything show up in the logs?
    > > Is it easy to reproduce? If so, perhaps you can have increased debug at
    > > that time and hopefully something will be captured in the logs when the
    > > problem occurs.
    > Ok, I can confirm that setting up the network is not the problem, nor
    > is it pinging other hosts. But ssh-ing into another server
    > made it go boom. From the screenshot I attach it looks like something
    > in TCP code (that explains why it does not happen in pings), below
    > I see tcp_data_snd_check
    > I managed to swithc in time to a console with tail -f syslog before
    > it hard locked up. The log files are empty, but I got a screenshot photo
    > which has some hopefully useful information. I cannot scroll up or down
    > anymore ...
    > If you want me to create a bug report or you create one in bugzilla,
    > I can also upload it htere, but I attach it for now.

    I see that it fails in skb_pull after being called from one of the RX
    handlers. Let's add Johannes.

    Johannes, does anything perhaps look familiar to you in this trace?

    Thank you

    [unhandled content-type:image/jpeg]
     \ /
      Last update: 2010-01-19 18:03    [W:0.035 / U:22.100 seconds]