    Subjectlinux-next: Tree for January 19
    Hi all,

    Changes since 20100118:

    I reverted a commit from Linus' tree that depends on changes not
    committed yet.

    The arm tree gained a conflict against the arm-current tree.

    The vfs tree lost one of its fixup patches.

    The pci tree still has a build failure for which I have applied a patch.

    The kvm tree gained a build failure so I used the version from
    next-20100118.

    The tmio-mmc tree inherited 8 conflicts from the mfd tree.

    The mfd tree lost 6 conflict to the tmio-mmc tree but gained a build
    failure so I used the version from next-20100118.

    The trivial tree lost its build failure.

    The driver-core tree lost its conflict (since I reverted the conflicting
    commit from Linus' tree).

    I have created today's linux-next tree at
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
    (patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/next/ ). If you
    are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
    to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
    old one. You should use "git fetch" as mentioned in the FAQ on the wiki
    (see below).

    You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
    file in the source. There are also quilt-import.log and merge.log files
    in the Next directory. Between each merge, the tree was built with
    a ppc64_defconfig for powerpc and an allmodconfig for x86_64. After the
    final fixups (if any), it is also built with powerpc allnoconfig (32 and
    64 bit), ppc44x_defconfig and allyesconfig (minus
    CONFIG_PROFILE_ALL_BRANCHES - this fails its final link) and i386, sparc
    and sparc64 defconfig. These builds also have
    CONFIG_ENABLE_WARN_DEPRECATED, CONFIG_ENABLE_MUST_CHECK and
    CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO disabled when necessary.

    Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

    We are up to 156 trees (counting Linus' and 23 trees of patches pending
    for Linus' tree), more are welcome (even if they are currently empty).
    Thanks to those who have contributed, and to those who haven't, please do.

    Status of my local build tests will be at
    http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next . If maintainers want to give
    advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to add
    more builds.

    Thanks to Jan Dittmer for adding the linux-next tree to his build tests
    at http://l4x.org/k/ , the guys at http://test.kernel.org/ and Randy
    Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds.

    There is a wiki covering stuff to do with linux-next at
    http://linux.f-seidel.de/linux-next/pmwiki/ . Thanks to Frank Seidel.

    --
    Cheers,
    Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

    $ git checkout master
    $ git reset --hard stable
    Merging origin/master
    [master 3ce1c84] Revert "sysdev: fix prototype for memory_sysdev_class show/store functions"
    Merging fixes/fixes
    Merging arm-current/master
    Merging m68k-current/for-linus
    Merging powerpc-merge/merge
    Merging sparc-current/master
    Merging scsi-rc-fixes/master
    Merging net-current/master
    Merging sound-current/for-linus
    Merging pci-current/for-linus
    Merging wireless-current/master
    Merging kbuild-current/for-linus
    Merging quilt/driver-core.current
    Merging quilt/tty.current
    Merging quilt/usb.current
    Merging quilt/staging.current
    Merging cpufreq-current/fixes
    Merging input-current/for-linus
    Merging md-current/for-linus
    Merging audit-current/for-linus
    Merging crypto-current/master
    Merging ide-curent/master
    Merging mtd-current/master
    Merging dwmw2/master
    Merging arm/devel
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/arm/Makefile
    Merging davinci/davinci-next
    Merging msm/for-next
    Merging omap/for-next
    Merging pxa/for-next
    Merging samsung/next-samsung
    Merging avr32/avr32-arch
    Merging blackfin/for-linus
    Merging cris/for-next
    Merging ia64/test
    Merging m68k/for-next
    Merging m68knommu/for-next
    Merging microblaze/next
    Merging mips/mips-for-linux-next
    Merging parisc/next
    Merging powerpc/next
    Merging 4xx/next
    Merging 52xx-and-virtex/next
    Merging galak/next
    Merging s390/features
    Merging sh/master
    Merging sparc/master
    Merging xtensa/master
    Merging ceph/for-next
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in Documentation/ioctl/ioctl-number.txt
    Merging cifs/master
    Merging configfs/linux-next
    Merging ecryptfs/next
    Merging ext3/for_next
    Merging ext4/next
    Merging fatfs/master
    Merging fuse/for-next
    Merging gfs2/master
    Merging jfs/next
    Merging logfs/master
    Merging nfs/linux-next
    Merging nfsd/nfsd-next
    Merging nilfs2/for-next
    Merging ocfs2/linux-next
    Merging squashfs/master
    Merging udf/for_next
    Merging v9fs/for-next
    CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in fs/9p/cache.c
    Merging ubifs/linux-next
    Merging xfs/master
    Merging reiserfs-bkl/reiserfs/kill-bkl
    Merging vfs/for-next
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/gfs2/ops_inode.c
    Applying: logfs: fixup for write_inode API change
    Merging pci/linux-next
    Applying: pci: PCIE_PME seems to depend on ACPI
    Merging hid/for-next
    Merging quilt/i2c
    Merging bjdooks-i2c/next-i2c
    Merging quilt/jdelvare-hwmon
    Merging quilt/kernel-doc
    Merging v4l-dvb/master
    CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in drivers/media/dvb/mantis/mantis_input.c
    Merging kbuild/for-next
    Merging kconfig/for-next
    Merging ide/master
    Merging libata/NEXT
    Merging infiniband/for-next
    Merging acpi/test
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_lvds.c
    Merging ieee1394/for-next
    Merging ubi/linux-next
    Merging kvm/linux-next
    $ git reset --hard HEAD^
    Merging refs/next/20100118/kvm
    Merging dlm/next
    Merging scsi/master
    Merging async_tx/next
    Merging net/master
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in net/mac80211/iface.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in net/mac80211/scan.c
    Merging wireless/master
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-core.h
    Merging mtd/master
    Merging crypto/master
    Merging sound/for-next
    Merging cpufreq/next
    Merging quilt/rr
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/linux/kernel.h
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/linux/kmemcheck.h
    Merging mmc/next
    Merging tmio-mmc/linux-next
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/mfd/asic3.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/mfd/t7l66xb.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/mfd/tc6387xb.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/mfd/tc6393xb.c
    CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in drivers/mfd/tmio_core.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/mmc/host/tmio_mmc.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/mmc/host/tmio_mmc.h
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/linux/mfd/tmio.h
    Merging input/next
    Merging lsm/for-next
    Merging block/for-next
    Merging quilt/device-mapper
    Merging embedded/master
    Merging firmware/master
    Merging pcmcia/master
    Merging battery/master
    Merging leds/for-mm
    Merging backlight/for-mm
    Merging kgdb/kgdb-next
    Merging slab/for-next
    Merging uclinux/for-next
    Merging md/for-next
    Merging mfd/for-next
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/mfd/wm8350-irq.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/mmc/host/tmio_mmc.c
    $ git reset --hard HEAD^
    Merging refs/next/20100118/mfd
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/mfd/wm8350-irq.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/mmc/host/tmio_mmc.c
    Merging hdlc/hdlc-next
    Merging drm/drm-next
    Merging voltage/for-next
    Merging security-testing/next
    Merging lblnet/master
    Merging agp/agp-next
    Merging uwb/for-upstream
    Merging watchdog/master
    Merging bdev/master
    Merging dwmw2-iommu/master
    Merging cputime/cputime
    Merging osd/linux-next
    Merging jc_docs/docs-next
    Merging nommu/master
    Merging trivial/for-next
    Merging audit/for-next
    Merging quilt/aoe
    Merging suspend/linux-next
    Merging bluetooth/master
    Merging fsnotify/for-next
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/notify/inotify/inotify_fsnotify.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/notify/inotify/inotify_user.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/linux/fs.h
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/linux/fsnotify.h
    Merging irda/for-next
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/net/irda/irda-usb.c
    Merging hwlat/for-linus
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in MAINTAINERS
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/misc/Makefile
    Merging drbd/for-jens
    Merging catalin/for-next
    Merging alacrity/linux-next
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/linux/Kbuild
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in lib/Kconfig
    Merging i7core_edac/linux_next
    Merging devicetree/next-devicetree
    Merging spi/next-spi
    Merging limits/writable_limits
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/x86/ia32/ia32entry.S
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/x86/include/asm/unistd_32.h
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/x86/include/asm/unistd_64.h
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/x86/kernel/syscall_table_32.S
    Merging omap_dss2/for-next
    Merging tip/auto-latest
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in scripts/recordmcount.pl
    Merging edac-amd/for-next
    Merging oprofile/for-next
    Merging percpu/for-next
    Applying: slab: update for percpu API change
    Merging workqueues/for-next
    Merging sfi/sfi-test
    Merging asm-generic/next
    Merging hwpoison/hwpoison
    Merging sysctl/master
    Merging quilt/driver-core
    Merging quilt/tty
    Merging quilt/usb
    Merging quilt/staging
    CONFLICT (delete/modify): drivers/staging/sm7xx/smtc2d.c deleted in quilt/staging and modified in HEAD. Version HEAD of drivers/staging/sm7xx/smtc2d.c left in tree.
    CONFLICT (delete/modify): drivers/staging/sm7xx/smtc2d.h deleted in quilt/staging and modified in HEAD. Version HEAD of drivers/staging/sm7xx/smtc2d.h left in tree.
    $ git rm -f drivers/staging/sm7xx/smtc2d.c drivers/staging/sm7xx/smtc2d.h
    Merging scsi-post-merge/master

      Last update: 2010-01-19 08:13    [W:0.038 / U:94.660 seconds]