SubjectRe: [RFC] Yet another dt3155 driver for drivers/staging
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 09:39:26PM +0200, Marin Mitov wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> > >
> > > No. They are both standalone drivers. If we want V4L2 compatibility
> > > we would have to modify (either) driver significantly.
>
> Both are character drivers. My one uses open, read, mmap, ioctl, close.
> Mainly tested on read. mmap works, but not yet extensively tested.
> ioctl is used to start/stop acquisition, get info about buffer length,
> and some error statistics collected during acquisitions.
>
> see:
>
> http://lfb.issp.bas.bg/~mitov/linux/dt3155pci/00README
>
> for more detailed description.

Thanks, but the code needs to use the v4l interface, as it is a video
device.

> > Well, that will be the requirement to get it merged into the main
> > portion of the kernel tree. No special interfaces are allowed, sorry.
>
> I do not quite understand V4L2 lib in particular how can I get a
> contiguous buffer in physical memory which do not cross 4MB
> boundary (hardware requirement).

Try asking on the linux-media mailing list, I don't think this is a big
deal, as you have already done it in the driver, so that would not have
to be reworked.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2010-01-15 19:07    [W:0.101 / U:0.204 seconds]