SubjectRe: Driver-Core: devtmpfs - reset inode permissions before unlinking
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, Kay Sievers wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 21:53, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
> <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:
> > On Wed, 13 Jan 2010, Kay Sievers wrote:
> >> across the device lifetime by creating hardlinks, in the unusual case
> >> that there is a user-writable directory on the same filesystem.
> >
> > Does a tmpfs mounted in /dev/shm count as "user-writable directory on the
> > same filesystem" ?
>
> Not if it's a separate tmpfs mount, which is recommended. Only if it's
> just a plain directory on the /dev filesystem.

Yeah, I noticed the abusurdity of my question when I re-read it, thanks for
being kind in the reply.

That said, this does fix a possible security problem when a misconfigured
system is used, and the fix looks rather simple... Can it go to -stable
eventually, even if it is months in the future, after it gets some testing
in .34 ? Minor problems are still problems...

Henrique Holschuh

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans