SubjectRe: SATA_SIL on IXP425 workaround
Date
On Thursday 14 January 2010 08:22:10 pm Alan Cox wrote:
> > FWIW your patch is now in my atang tree (I'm aware that Jeff is working
> > on generic solution but in the meantime this non-intrusive patch allows
> > sata_sil to work on IXP425).
>
> I think this is the wrong place. If your platform can't do MMIO properly
> then the platform pci_iomap or pci quirk code should do the needed
> cleaning up, not put turds into the drivers. Why not just quirk it on your
> specific platform and clear the MMIO mapping.

I think that you misinterpreted the issue -- according to Krzysztof MMIO
works just fine, only 8/16-bit MMIO reads are a problem (please note that
using mixed PIO/MMIO access is still a win over pure PIO access and also
that sata_sil doesn't support pure non-MMIO operations currently)..

However if it gets fixed in the upstream kernel in some other way I'll
simply drop the patch during the next re-base of my tree (I just collect
ATA stuff that looks useful/interesting to me and which otherwise may
become lost)..

--
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans