    SubjectRe: SATA_SIL on IXP425 workaround
    Date
    On Thursday 14 January 2010 08:22:10 pm Alan Cox wrote:
    > > FWIW your patch is now in my atang tree (I'm aware that Jeff is working
    > > on generic solution but in the meantime this non-intrusive patch allows
    > > sata_sil to work on IXP425).
    >
    > I think this is the wrong place. If your platform can't do MMIO properly
    > then the platform pci_iomap or pci quirk code should do the needed
    > cleaning up, not put turds into the drivers. Why not just quirk it on your
    > specific platform and clear the MMIO mapping.

    I think that you misinterpreted the issue -- according to Krzysztof MMIO
    works just fine, only 8/16-bit MMIO reads are a problem (please note that
    using mixed PIO/MMIO access is still a win over pure PIO access and also
    that sata_sil doesn't support pure non-MMIO operations currently)..

    However if it gets fixed in the upstream kernel in some other way I'll
    simply drop the patch during the next re-base of my tree (I just collect
    ATA stuff that looks useful/interesting to me and which otherwise may
    become lost)..

    --
    Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz

      Last update: 2010-01-14 21:33    [W:0.022 / U:30.428 seconds]