SubjectRe: [patch] x86, apic: use 0x20 for the IRQ_MOVE_CLEANUP_VECTOR instead of 0x1f
On 01/11/2010 03:10 PM, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

>>> In irqinit.c, we statically pre-assign the per-cpu vector to irq
>>> mappings (vector_irq) for all the legacy IRQ vectors. Similarly irq_cfg
>>> is statically initialized for legacy IRQ's in io_apic.c. So we won't be
>>> able to use this space for anything else.
>>>

>> What enforces that, though? The used_vector bitmap? In the past it was
>> enforced simply by being < FIRST_DEVICE_VECTOR.
>
> I believe historically it was simply that we did not loop over that set of vectors,
> in assign_irq_vector.

Yes, that's what I said. My question was to Suresh what enforces that
in the case of his patch, which moves the legacy range into the middle
of the device vectors.

-hpa

  Last update: 2010-01-12 00:17    [W:0.044 / U:1.668 seconds]