    SubjectRe: [2.6.30 and later] file corruption on ext3 filesystem.
    On 01/08/2010 09:53 PM, Tetsuo Handa wrote:
    > Dave Chinner wrote:
    >> I agree that it is very wrong, but it's a known problem with writeback
    >> mode in ext3:
    >> More info as to how this change came about and the proposed but not
    >> yet realised fixes:
    > Thank you for the pointer.
    > Indeed, most Linux boxes are used by single user.
    > But implicitly importing other deleted file's data is still annoying
    > even if the box is used by only one user.
    > When I was trying to identify the steps to reproduce, I got ./a.out replaced
    > by the deleted .bash_history due to power failure. I executed ./a.out as root
    > without knowing that the file contains deleted .bash_history , and many
    > commands listed in deleted .bash_history are executed as root.
    > I thought my box was cracked and trojaned. :-(

    Fedora and some other distributions changed the default back to data
    ordered mode in order to avoid exactly this kind of mess. Even if you
    are on a single user system, this behavior is certainly unexpected for
    most users :-)

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-01-11 21:15    [W:0.020 / U:27.984 seconds]