SubjectHowto switch off ext4's delayed allocation?
From
Hi,

Every since switching to ext4, I suffer fromt he empty files problem
after crashes.
Since GEM/KMS was included, as well as the changes to the usb-serial
subsystem I experience crashes from time to time.

As far as I understand this is caused by delayed allocation.
I really enjoy the performance benefits of ext4, and I know
applications should be fixed - but having this problem seen with so
many apps I doubt it will ever happen. (Kwrite, bash itself, umtsmon,
...).

Is there any way to disable delayed allocation? (running 2.6.31rc8)

Thank you in advance, Clemens

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans