    SubjectRe: Regarding dm-ioband tests
    > > - dm-ioband can use without cgroup. (I remember Vivek said it's not an
    > > advantage.)
    > I think this is more of a disadvantage than advantage. We have a very well
    > defined functionality of cgroup in kernel to group the tasks. Now you are
    > coming up with your own method of grouping the tasks which will make life
    > even more confusing for users and application writers.

    I would tend to agree with this. With other resource management
    controllers using cgroups, having dm-ioband use something different will
    require a different set of userspace tools/libraries to be used.
    Something that will severly limit its usefulness froma programmer's

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-09-08 19:11    [W:0.020 / U:28.004 seconds]