SubjectRe: BFS vs. mainline scheduler benchmarks and measurements

* Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@arcor.de> wrote:

> [...] That would mean that you (or anyone else with an interest of
> tracking this down) would follow the examples given (by me and
> others, like enabling desktop compositing, firing up mplayer with
> a video and generally reproducing this using the quite detailed
> steps I posted as a recipe).

Could you follow up on Frederic's detailed tracing suggestions that
would give us the source of the latency?

( Also, as per lkml etiquette, please try to keep the Cc: list
intact when replying to emails. I missed your first reply
that you un-Cc:-ed. )

A quick look at the latencytop output suggests a scheduling latency.
Could you send me the kernel .config that you are using?

Ingo

  Last update: 2009-09-08 13:39    [W:0.166 / U:0.136 seconds]