SubjectRe: QUIRK_FORCE_HISPD (was: Re: Ricoh R5C822 and QUIRK_FORCE_DMA)
On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 07:17:16 +0200
Tobias Diedrich <ranma@tdiedrich.de> wrote:

> Pierre Ossman wrote:
> > > On a related note, I had a little time to play a bit more with my
> > > R5C822 and found that I can also force-enable HISPD mode, which
> > > boost performance further.
> > >

> > This seems odd. What frequency is the controller reporting?
> >
> > It could be that they originally wanted the controller to be
> > high-speed, but that they had stability problems and turned it off.
> > There is at least one other controller that went through that scenario.
>
> I assume thats host->max_clk?
> The controller seems to report 33MHz for that value.

Ah, then your controller is most likely not really high-speed. You're
getting a bit more performance as you are forcing things out-of-spec
and you're lucky enough that it still happens to work. :)

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
encryption.

  Last update: 2009-09-06 15:35    [W:0.071 / U:0.132 seconds]