    SubjectRe: yenta_socket: PCMCIA-Cards are not recognised by kernel

    > For this laptop at all there are a lot of problems with newer linux kernels.
    > Some people got it working with serveral hacks in the config file of the
    > pcmcia_cs suite, but all those tips only fit with pcmcia_cs and so to the
    > 2.4 kernel. If you're interessted in those sources, i could search the URLs
    > again in my browser history.

    Yes, maybe those explain the problem; that would definately help ;)

    > Maybe it also relevant what I read on a german bsd-board. In FreeBSD 4.10 it
    > worked perfectly on this laptop, but since 4.11 the slots won't get an
    > interrupt assigned. I don't now very much about hardware and driver
    > development, but I'am sure that it has to do something with the assigned
    > ressources (and maybe with the interrupt).

    Well, the PCI config space (which lspci needs) should be visible without an
    assigned IRQ.

    Regards,

    Wolfram

    --
    Pengutronix e.K. | Wolfram Sang |
    Industrial Linux Solutions | http://www.pengutronix.de/ |

      Last update: 2009-09-05 16:01    [W:0.019 / U:119.932 seconds]