SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] block updates for 2.6.32-rc
>> Hi Linus,
>>
>> This looks huge, but it's mostly a cciss driver update and the addition
>> of drbd. I would have submitted this before -rc1, but Plumbers got in
>> the way.
>
>And DRBD is defintively not ready. Even if people want to merge another
>duplicate RAID driver including another crappy user interface it has
>tracing stuff of a form that would let Ingo go beserk and also uses the
>stupid connector.

so, if DRBD is too ugly to be merged, i wonder why it`s not put in staging
then before other kernel devs find yet another reason for not merging it
at all. if they want it to be cleaned up, they can do it there or they can
make the driver maintainer do it. or they can do it together. or they can
let just sit it there until greg complains :)

all in all, it`s better than letting brilliant things like these live outside the
kernel tree. (which is more than 8 yrs now for DRBD)

What the Linux Staging tree is
The Linux Staging tree (or just "staging" from now on) is used to hold
stand-alone drivers and filesystems that are not ready to be merged into
the main portion of the Linux kernel tree at this point in time for various
technical reasons. It is contained within the main Linux kernel tree so that
users can get access to the drivers much easier than before, and to provide
a common place for the development to happen, resolving the "hundreds
of different download sites" problem that most out-of-tree drivers have had
in the past.

( taken from http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/linux-staging-update.html )